Looking for a job? Check out New York’s Job Bank- http://newyork.us.jobs/
Demand Occupation List
The Workforce Investment Act of 1998 requires that certain training programs lead to employment in demand occupations. These demand occupations are determined by the local Workforce Investment Board.
Career Centers and Affiliates
Many no-fee services are available to help you in your job search:
On-line Job Matching, Search Tools, Workshops and Group Career Counseling. Also, Career Resource Library Help with Resume Preparation and other training.
Career Center Resources
Each Finger Lakes One-Stop Career Center is now equipped with resources designed to support job seekers with disabilities to find and keep jobs. Equipment includes:
- Computer equipped with JAWS software
(screen reader providing access to today’s software apps & the Internet.)
- Print Enlarger
- Various Keyboards enabling use with Stylus.
- Motorized table enabling easy height adjustment & access to cpu equipment.
- Braille Embosser
(available at Seneca, Wayne, Yates, and Geneva One-Stops)
- Trained staff available for assistance.
Service Levels for Job Seekers
- Core Services available to all job seekers such as Orientation, Eligibility Determination, Job Search, Career Counseling, Initial Assessment of Skills, etc.
- Intensive Services for those unable to secure employment through core services.
- Training Services for dislocated workers and other eligible job seekers who are unable to obtain or retain employment through intensive services.
Geneva Public Library
Hands-on career experiences for high school students: www.rochesterexploring.org
Job Search Resources
The following websites can be helpful in your continued job search:
This is a great tool for all of your job seeking needs: Websites for Job Seekers.