(Left) Lois Johnson, Director of Workforce Strategies for WDI; (Middle) Lynn Freid; (Right) Vivian Benton, Deputy Director of WDI
At this year’s Annual FAME Event held on March 20, 2018, our own Board Member and the Regional Director of the Workforce Development Institute was recognized for her tireless efforts to promote careers and training opportunities in the Advanced Manufacturing industry.
The FAME STAR Award recognizes Students, Teachers, and Advanced Manufacturing Relationships in pursuit of FAME’s goal to promote awareness of advanced manufacturing careers in the pipeline. These innovations may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Working with educators to develop and implement new curriculum
• Enhancing existing program/s that promote AM careers/training
• Supporting existing programs that assist students in developing their STEM skills
• Recognition for achieving visibility of the need for middle skill jobs among students/teachers/parents/government
• Demonstrates industry collaboration and outreach to FAME’s target populations (secondary and post-secondary)
Congratulations Lynn for this well-deserved recognition!