Job Title: Maintenance Electrician
A: Job qualification Requirements
- Completion of a New York State certified Apprenticeship Program-Journeyman or AAS (Elec. Eng. or equivalent)
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Attain satisfactory score on Silgan job related test.
- Familiar with the use of hand and power tools used on the job.
- Ability to read and comprehend blue prints and drawings, hand books specifications equipment manuals parts lists and other written material associated with the job, within a reasonable time.
- Possesses the necessary hand tools to set up and maintain all can line machinery and associated equipment.
B: Job Content.
- Installs, services, repairs trouble shoots electrical circuits and equipment throughout the facility.
- Read and sketch or draw electrical wiring and schematic drawings.
- Performs work from related electrical wiring and schematic drawings, sketches or verbal instructions.
- Possesses a functional understanding of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, HVAC, systems and the relationship between different systems.
- Understands PLCs and programming to include Allen Bradley RS Logic software.
- Constructs special equipment
- Moves and installs existing or new equipment and facilities.
- Has the skill to diagnose electrical problems, determines necessary repairs and restores defective equipment to service with a minimum of delay.
- Maintains an inventory of electrical parts by advising the supervisor and maintains the inventory in an orderly fashion.
- Performs basic millwright, machinist, and mechanic work.
- Effectively assists supervision to direct lower bracket support personal in the safe and proper operation of assigned jobs.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs all duties with regard to safety for self and other employees, while exercising proper care and protection of company property.
- Reports immediately to supervision any accidents, damage, emergency, problems with equipment, buildings, grounds or facilities.
- Cooperates with all operating personnel and supervision.
- Has full responsibility for the work performed and is restricted only by the scope of the assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Rick Murphy, Human Resources Manager
Silgan Containers, 8673 Lyons Marengo Road, Lyons, NY 14489
Fax (315) 902-3350; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org