An Intensive Training Program for
Job Search & Success
Jump start your job search with this 5-day interactive, strategic approach to proactively managing your future.
- Learn how to redefine your skills to fit existing and emerging industries and occupations.
- Design a job search strategy to fit your values, skills and goals.
- Learn the marketing techniques that will get your message out to the people that make the hiring decisions.
- Discover the increased power of working in teams, led by certified career professionals.
- Navigate the obstacles and challenges of the changing economy and learn the new rules of job search.
- Master the ability to successfully transition into new directions of employment and control future employment paths.
Who should enroll in Career Navigator?
Job Seekers who:
- Desire to stay in the same field and who want to learn how to compete.
- Require an industry and/or career change based upon their transferable skills.
- Want support in identifying new search strategies, tools and techniques.
Day 1: Ground Work (Foundations, Skill Assessment) STAR Stories
Day 2: Marketing Me – Marketing Plans, Summary Qualifications
Day 3: Speed Networking / Resumes & Cover Letters
Day 4: Resume Reviews & Interviewing
Day 5: Goal Setting and Search Teams
Dates and Locations:
Dates and Times: April 2 – 6, 2018 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Location: Ontario County Safety Training Facility, County Road 48, Canandaigua
Joseph.Lopez@dfa.state.ny.us at 585-396-4033
LeeAnn.Haust@dfa.state.ny.us at 315-789-1771 Ext 117
See a Finger Lakes Works Career Center Staff Person
Space is limited please be sure to make a reservation soon!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.