Each October, ACCES-VR has the opportunity to celebrate National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) and celebrate the work of all their partners, who join together to make the connection between businesses seeking qualified workers and workers, who just happen to be individuals with abilities. Based on the successes, ACCES-VR and their partners will be celebrating at multiple events across New York State. These celebrations will emphasize local businesses investing in their local human resources and providing the opportunity for skilled workers to contribute to their communities, earn a living wage and have meaningful careers.
ACCES Assistant Commissioner Debora Brown-Johnson said, “Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program plays a critical role in assisting people with disabilities gain integrated employment in their communities. It is ACCES-VR’s mission to do this work on a daily basis and together with our partners, we are good at it! ACCES-VR has what I would call “effective alliances” that bring businesses, our community partners and qualified women and men with disabilities together to get the job done!! Equal employment for all ensures a strong New York State economy and ultimately a stronger national economy.”
Please consider nominating employers! This is a great opportunity to highlight the partnerships that are providing employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
Applications are due to Jennifer Geiger ( Jennifer.Geiger@NYSED.GOV ) by June 8th, 2018.
Rochester NDEAM event: Save the Date October 11th at Kodak Center for Performing Arts from 5-7pm.
The Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board, Inc.
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Time: 8:30 – 10:00 am
141 Central Avenue
Keuka Park, NY 14478
For more information please call, 315-789-3131 ext 101.
The mission of the Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board is to improve the economic well-being of job seekers and employees in the Finger Lakes region. The goal of the Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board is to increase the employment, retention, and earnings of participants, increase occupational skill attainment by participants; and, as a result, improve the quality of the workforce; reduce welfare dependency; and enhance the productivity and competitiveness of the region.
The Finger Lakes Regional Economic Development Council (FLREDC) is pleased to announce Round 8 of the New York State Consolidated Funding Application (CFA) is now open for projects seeking support from up to $750 million of available funding via dozens of State agency programs. Applications will be accepted until July 27th at 4:00pm SHARP.
The press release below includes detailed information about how to apply for CFA funding, including these important highlights…
- Use this link to learn all about CFA Round 8 and the REDC process from the 2018 Guidebook:
- Click here to access the CFA web portal to submit a project application:
Below are the various resource materials available to learn more about the CFA process:
- CFA Resource Manual: http://regionalcouncils.ny.gov/sites/default/files/2018-04/2018ResourcesAvailableGuide_0.pdf
- CFA Application Manual: http://regionalcouncils.ny.gov/sites/default/files/2018-04/2018CFAApplicationManual.pdf
A few other important details of note:
- CFA applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the attached Pathways to Prosperity Form and upload it with their CFA submission. This form was developed in partnership with the Rochester-Monroe Anti-Poverty Initiative to address our shared community goal of reducing poverty.
- Additional details will be sent separately for upcoming CFA workshops, which will be held on May 16th in Brockport and June 6th in Geneseo.
- Additional details will be sent separately related to the second competition of the Downtown Revitalization Initiative (DRI), including the FLREDC’s DRI selection process.
As always, you can always access all relevant information about the FLREDC at this website:
Please contact NYS-FingerLakes@esd.ny.gov with any questions.
Summary: Performs duties under supervision of the Medical Director, Program Director, and/or Clinical Coordinator as appropriate for the program. Is responsible for the safe and effective operation of the hyperbaric chamber(s) and related support systems. Is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance on the hyperbaric chamber(s) and related support systems.
• Current certification as CHT or DMT (interim status may be appointed until CHT or DMT certification is attained)
• Attend an approved HBO Safety course
• Be certified as a CHT or DMT within 1-year of hire
• Attend an approved Hyperbaric Safety Director course
• Must have completed a National Board of Diving and Hyperbaric Medical Technology approved hyperbaric medicine introductory course
• Complete competency skills checklist
• Maintains and demonstrates competency in BLS (Basic Life Support), infections control, safety and all unit required skill review.
Forward cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
An Intensive Training Program for
Job Search & Success
Jump start your job search with this 5-day interactive,
strategic approach to proactively managing your future.
- Learn how to redefine your skills to fit existing and emerging industries and occupations.
- Design a job search strategy to fit your values, skills and goals.
- Learn the marketing techniques that will get your message out to the people who make the hiring decisions.
- Discover the increased power of working in teams, led by certified career professionals.
- Navigate the obstacles and challenges of the changing economy and learn the new rules of job search.
- Master the ability to successfully transition into new directions of employment and control future employment paths.
Who should enroll in Career Navigator?
Job Seekers who:
- Desire to stay in the same field and who want to learn how to compete.
- Require an industry and/or career change based upon their transferable skills.
- Want support in identifying new search strategies, tools and techniques.
Day 1: Ground Work (Foundations, Skill Assessment) STAR Stories
Day 2: Marketing Me – Marketing Plans, Summary Qualifications
Day 3: Speed Networking / Resumes & Cover Letters
Day 4: Resume Reviews & Interviewing
Day 5: Goal Setting and Search Teams
Monday-Friday, May 21-May 25, 2018 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Seneca County Workforce Development, 1 DiPronio Drive, Waterloo, NY 13165
Questions or To Enroll:
Contact Dawn Tam
firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-539-1888
Space is limited. Please be sure to make a reservation soon!
April 12th: Tourism, Hospitality, Customer Service, Food Service, Housekeeping, and More
Finger Lakes Premier Properties: Housekeepers, Zone Leaders, Laundry Technicians, Maintenance Technicians, Owner Service Representatives, Reservation Specialist
Finger Lakes Health: Penn Yan: Location Includes: Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hospital, The Homestead
Pharmacy Tech – Part Time, Registration Rep (Casual Status), EMT- Basic (Casual Status) – (Requires NYS certification), Paramedic/EMT- Critical Care – (Requires NYS certification), RNs – Hospital, Long Term Care (Requires NYS license), LPNs – Long Term Care and Physician Offices (Requires NYS license), CNAs – Long Term Care (Requires NYS Certification), Nurse Manager – Long Term Care (Requires NYS license)
Geneva: Location Includes: Geneva General Hospital, Living Centers North & South, Physician Practices
CNA Training Program, Hospital Nursing Assistant, Clerk/Receptionist, Medical Office Assistant, Medical Biller, Phlebotomist – (Requires NYS certification or prior blood draw experience), Secretary – Part Time, Security Officer (Casual Status) – (Requires NYS license), RNs – Hospital, Long Term Care (Requires NYS license), LPNs – Long Term Care and Physician Offices (Requires NYS license), CNAs – Long Term Care (Requires NYS Certification), Medical Technologist (Requires NYS license), Physical Therapist – (Requires NYS license), Radiology Tech (Casual Status) – (Requires NYS license)
Waterloo: Location Includes: Huntington Living Center, Physician Practices
Nutritional Services Aide – Full Time & Casual, Unit Clerk – Long Term Care Unit, LPNs – Long Term Care and Physician Offices (Requires NYS license), CNAs – Long Term Care (Requires NYS Certification)
Connect-A-Service: Handyman, Housekeepers, Laborers
Glenora Wine Cellars: Assistant Retail Manager, Sales Associate, Cashier/Stocker, Reservation Specialist, Housekeepers, Dishwashers, Line Cooks, Prep Cooks, Servers, Bussers, Hostess
FLX Hospitality: Front of House Counter Server
Hampton Inn: Guest Service Agent, Night Auditor, House Attendant, Room Attendant
AVI Food Systems, Inc.: Retail Supervisor, Grill Cook, Front of House Team Members
Microtel: Front Desk, Housekeeping
More Employers and Jobs being added daily!