Xylem Inc. of Seneca Falls, NY!!
GENEVA, New York – The Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board (FLWIB), Inc. announced today that Xylem Inc. (NYSE: XYL) is January’s “Business of the Month”, recognizing the business’s contributions to the community and to the local economy.
Xylem is one of three companies that was spun out of ITT in 2011. It is a leading provider of global water technology enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings. There are now 150 jobs at the 2881 E. Bayard St. Ext. shared services facility in Seneca Falls.
To assist with recruiting efforts, Xylem has worked closely with Finger Lakes Works Business Services Team to post jobs with the New York State Job Bank. Other recruiting services that have been accessed include application collection, screening and referrals as well as on-site interviewing at the career center in Waterloo. Xylem has also accessed the On the Job training program as a way to find and train new hires. Xylem is also a sponsor of Finger Lakes Works With their hands, an annual career exploration event allowing hundreds of local high school students to explore careers in skilled trades and advanced manufacturing.
“We are very fortunate to have a business partner like Xylem who recognize the need to develop a strong workforce and works with us to make it happen.” said Karen Springmeier, Executive Director of the Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board. “We look forward to continuing to address their employment needs as we work with area businesses in the region.”
Job Title: Maintenance Electrician
A: Job qualification Requirements
- Completion of a New York State certified Apprenticeship Program-Journeyman or AAS (Elec. Eng. or equivalent)
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Attain satisfactory score on Silgan job related test.
- Familiar with the use of hand and power tools used on the job.
- Ability to read and comprehend blue prints and drawings, hand books specifications equipment manuals parts lists and other written material associated with the job, within a reasonable time.
- Possesses the necessary hand tools to set up and maintain all can line machinery and associated equipment.
B: Job Content.
- Installs, services, repairs trouble shoots electrical circuits and equipment throughout the facility.
- Read and sketch or draw electrical wiring and schematic drawings.
- Performs work from related electrical wiring and schematic drawings, sketches or verbal instructions.
- Possesses a functional understanding of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, HVAC, systems and the relationship between different systems.
- Understands PLCs and programming to include Allen Bradley RS Logic software.
- Constructs special equipment
- Moves and installs existing or new equipment and facilities.
- Has the skill to diagnose electrical problems, determines necessary repairs and restores defective equipment to service with a minimum of delay.
- Maintains an inventory of electrical parts by advising the supervisor and maintains the inventory in an orderly fashion.
- Performs basic millwright, machinist, and mechanic work.
- Effectively assists supervision to direct lower bracket support personal in the safe and proper operation of assigned jobs.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Performs all duties with regard to safety for self and other employees, while exercising proper care and protection of company property.
- Reports immediately to supervision any accidents, damage, emergency, problems with equipment, buildings, grounds or facilities.
- Cooperates with all operating personnel and supervision.
- Has full responsibility for the work performed and is restricted only by the scope of the assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Rick Murphy, Human Resources Manager
Silgan Containers, 8673 Lyons Marengo Road, Lyons, NY 14489
Fax (315) 902-3350; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Serving Community Healthcare in the Finger Lakes”
Career Exploration Day for 9th and 10th grade students in Ontario, Seneca, Wayne and Yates Counties interested in learning more about current and emerging careers in Human Service and Healthcare fields.
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Finger Lakes Community College
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
FLCC Canandaigua Campus 3325 Marvin Sands Drive Canandaigua, NY 14424
If you’re a parent/guardian wondering if your school has signed up, you can contact our office at 315-789-3131 or contact your school!
For more information and to sign up as a school, exhibitor, presenter or sponsor visit:
IDI Billing Solutions’ VP of Human Resources, Deborah Culeton, is a long-time member of our board. Deb and her staff have been in business for 20 years this month! Congratulations and we thank you for your contribution to the Finger Lakes Region.
IDI Celebrates 20 Years in Support of Leading Communication Service Providers
IDI Billing Solutions continues to innovate and serve wireless, wireline and IP providers.
VICTOR, N.Y. (January 19, 2016) — IDI Billing Solutions, a global provider of cloud-based Billing and Order Management solutions for Communication Service Providers, is pleased to announce it has reached a significant milestone this week – the company’s 20-year anniversary.
IDI has a long history of innovation including being the first to deploy a rating, billing and customer care system on the desktop. The company broke new ground with the launch of an online bill payment and presentment product, implemented the industry’s first .NET-architected solutions, and earned a patent for AdvancePay service. IDI continues to invest in its benchmark product CostGuard® offering Care, Orders, Workflow, Trouble Tickets, Document Storage and a Subscriber Portal all on the latest web based technologies.
“We have a lot to celebrate and many accomplishments throughout our company’s history. I’m very proud that our core values and mission have stood the test of time.” said Don Culeton, founder, president and CEO of IDI. “As we embark on another year I really want to thank our many great employees, customers, partners and suppliers for helping us remain an esteemed leader in our industry.”
About IDI Billing Solutions
IDI Billing Solutions is a leading Billing and OSS service provider for the communications industry. IDI’s Billing as a ServiceSM includes the award-winning CostGuard application, expert back-office and professional services, and a highly secure SaaS-hosted platform. IDI’s Billing as a Service gives communication providers the tools necessary to quickly monetize their services and automate operations related to selling, activating, and billing customers. IDI has won numerous awards and maintains multiple Gold Competencies in the Microsoft Partner Program. To learn more about IDI, please visit us at www.idibilling.com or call 1.888.924.4110.
These files include; job leads, workshops, events, training and education opportunities, NYS civil exam schedules, local job fairs and other helpful information.
Check out the first 6 minutes of this video to see what one of our loyal partners, Optimax SI, does and how their products makes it all the way into outer space! The video features CEO Rick Plympton, who is a member of our Finger Lakes Workforce Investment Board, Inc. Watch past the 6 minute mark to see even more cool and interesting science!
Immediate, multiple, full time openings for
Field Survey Technician
- NYS driver’s license and own vehicle
- Ability to walk up to 5 miles per day
- Map reading skills
- GPS and basic computer skills
accepting completed applications and interviewing on
Thursday, January 14
Ontario County Workforce Development
3010 County Complex Drive, Canandaigua
job description and a printable application is available at http://www.precisionpipelinesolutions.com/employment